We are here to inspire, motivate and encourage designers at all stages of their career to support one another via our mentoring programmes....
The SBTD series of Mentoring Programmes aims to inspire, motivate and encourage designers at all stages of their career, especially in a pandemic.
Listening to your needs and offering support, both practical and emotional. Through shared experiences and passing on of knowledge, we aim to enable confidence as to your future, no matter what level or type of career you have. Helping set goals and how best to accomplish them with clarity and encouragement, even in the current extraordinary situation we all find ourselves in.
Offering both virtual and (in time) in person workshop sessions – see our list below.
At our in person workshops we will offer motivational talks, followed by Q&As; advice on how to develop and refine your skills and design practice; give positive constructive feedback on your portfolio/website and how to best represent your abilities with the work you show, whilst also pushing you to meet the highest professional standards.
With patience and understanding we aim to challenge you to achieve your best.
- Welcome Sessions for Graduates: in University/College Groups – Virtual
- Mentoring Group Session Workshops for all Designers – Virtual
- Mentoring Group Session Workshops – in person; commencing in London, but also working towards Regional Hearts Venues
- Mentoring Group Session Workshops held in Theatre/Opera Venues: this is work in progress that will continue, but will require modifying once the future of how companies may operate unfolds
Pre Covid19 – The SBTD were and are still working towards:
- More companies offering 1 year paid Assistant Designer residencies
- Companies offering short Assistant Designer residencies
- Mentoring One-to-one
Contact us about the Mentoring Group
If you would like further information on this group please send us a message here: